Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fleabay heads up...

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Fleabay heads up...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Uses deceptive selling practices be careful his name is Chris ebay name (callan3491).Just giving our members a heads up

    Appreciate that info.

    Sad that he does that. Probably not as good a deal as I thought.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member aeyb701's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2006
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    When I see a 98.3% feedback on a 347-transaction record I think that's more than just a couple unreasonable buyers posting the negatives. Maybe with a 5000+ deal record I could understand how a totally credible seller could end up with such a percentage simply because eventually ALL high-number sellers will encounter buyers who cannot be satisfied under any circumstances.
    Jon A.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by aeyb701 View Post
    When I see a 98.3% feedback on a 347-transaction record I think that's more than just a couple unreasonable buyers posting the negatives......
    Not necessarily. My percentage is even less..... 95.5% after getting my second negative. I've got 229, but the numbers used only go back 12 months, and I'm not buying as much as I used to and my selling is sporadic.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #14
    HB Super Moderator
    Fleabay heads up...


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    but the numbers used only go back 12 months.
    Yes since eBay changed the way they calculate feedback they only go back 12 months only.I think this is to inflate people's feedback who previously may have had some negatives which I think is misleading,because if they were scamming people say 14 months ago but haven't sold much say a couple items in the past 12 months he or she is going to have a 100% feedback. Fortunately though most people are good sellers and we have to deal with a very small few who make some transactions but this seller has had 3 negatives in 175 transactions in just the past month.And most of them for selling used stuff as New

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    These look like early Model 15 horns and drivers... Just my .02.

    I had built a pair of Model 15 clones with the 802-8G drivers and the plastic horns in 1981. They were great, but I traded them for other needed audio gear to get through college. Wish I had them now. I could build a new pair if I had these horns....

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member aeyb701's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2006
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Not necessarily. My percentage is even less..... 95.5% after getting my second negative. I've got 229, but the numbers used only go back 12 months, and I'm not buying as much as I used to and my selling is sporadic.
    I see. Point taken.
    -Jon

  7. #17
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    They can.

    Although in home use, doubtful.

    I've seen them last a long time in Pro apps.
    Those are the horns and drivers for the Model-15s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.